Welcome to the FastStream Networks Support Center
In order to streamline support requests and better serve you, we utilize a support ticket system.
It is REQUIRED that you follow these troubleshooting steps BEFORE calling our tech support number or opening a trouble ticket. Most issues can be resolved by simply following these steps.
OUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALISTS CANNOT HELP YOU IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THESE STEPS BEFORE CALLING OR OPENING A TROUBLE TICKET.
Please follow these steps if you are having trouble connecting to the Internet.
1. Ensure that you are actually connected to or trying to connect to the correct WIFI network, which is located on the bottom of your router. If you don't know how to do this, you will need to contact the manufacturer of your device for help. Nearly all routers have two networks that you can use. The faster of the two will end in 5g or 5Ghz. You should log into these for much faster speeds.
2. If you have another device, please check if it is able to connect to the Internet. If it is, then the problem is most likely with your device or the app you are trying to use on the device and not a problem with your Internet connection. You will need to contact the manufacturer of your malfunctioning device or app. This would not be an issue that FastStream can resolve.
PLEASE NOTE: SOME BUILDINGS WILL NOT HAVE AN ONT. THE ONT IS A SMALL WHITE OR BLACK BOX MOUNTED ON THE WALL THAT YOUR ROUTER PLUGS INTO. IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ONT, YOUR ROUTER WILL PLUG DIRECTLY INTO THE WALL RJ45 JACK AND YOU CAN SKIP TO STEP 5.
3. Ensure that the ONT (black or white box mounted on the wall with power cable attached) is plugged into a working power outlet. Ensure that you see lights on the ONT. If you don't see any lights on the ONT then get something else like a lamp that you know works and plug it into the outlet to make sure it works. If other devices plugged into the same outlet don't work then you have an issue with your power outlet that you will need to resolve before continuing these steps.
4. If you just plugged the ONT into a working power outlet, it will take several minutes for these lights to illuminate. On the black ONT's the lights are very faint and you will need to get at eye level with the ONT to determine if they are on or not. If these lights are not illuminated or are illuminated in any color other then white for the black ONT's or green for the white ONT's, after 3 minutes, you will need to contact technical support to have a technician come out and fix the problem.
DO NOT EVER FACTORY RESET YOUR ROUTER. DOING SO WILL LIKELY CAUSE YOUR INTERNET TO NOT WORK AT ALL .
5. Ensure that your router is plugged into a working power outlet. Ensure that you see a light on the router. If you don't see any lights on the router then get something else like a lamp that you know works and plug it into the outlet to make sure it works. If other devices plugged into the same outlet don't work then you have an issue with your power outlet that you will need to resolve before continuing these steps.
6. Make sure that the Ethernet cable is plugged into the WiFi router in WAN or INTERNET PORT and the other end is plugged into the ONT (or RJ45 wall jack if you don't have an ONT). If you plug it into any other port, it will NOT work.
7. If none of the previous steps identified and corrected your issue, you will need to power cycle the router. To power cycle the router, simply unplug the router from the power outlet, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in, wait at least 3 minutes for it to boot up, and try connecting again. Most routers will have a light on top that will turn solid rather then blinking once it has connected to the Internet.
EXAMPLES OF ISSUES THAT FASTSTREAM CANNOT RESOLVE:
A. If some of your devices are working properly on the Internet, but others are not, then the issue is not an Internet problem.
B. If you are using some sort of streaming box or smart TV for TV service and that particular service doesn't work or is very slow. The issue is with the streaming box, TV, or the TV service provider. Contact them for help resolving.
C. If you are having issues sending or receiving email, yet your Internet works, then contact the email provider for help resolving.
D. If your computer takes more then a few minutes to boot up, then you likely have an old computer or a virus infected computer and your Internet will be very slow. Contact your computer manufacturer for help resolving.
E. If you have older or malfunctioning devices, they may be very slow on any Internet connection. Either contact the manufacturer for help or purchase a new device.
It will be helpful if you take a picture of your equipment (ONT, ROUTER, WALL JACK) and attach to your trouble ticket. This will make it much easier for us to resolve your issue.
If you are still having issues, please open a trouble ticket by clicking HERE.
When calling tech support, you will need the Tech Support Code below which will change periodically, so make sure to check this page before calling to confirm the tech support code. You will also need to provide our tech support specialist with the results of the troubleshooting you performed.
English: TECH SUPPORT CODE: 785
Spanish: TECH SUPPORT CODE: 794
Warm Regards and Speed Up!
FastStream Networks Support Team